- The competition is open to pianists of any nationality in grades 9-12 (or within the four years before university entrance) as of February 1, 2018.
- Applications must be received by midnight, February 1, 2018. Applications received after that deadline will not be accepted. There is additional time to submit the accompanying video. A private website URL for uploading videos will be given to applicants upon receipt of application.
- Videos must be received by midnight, February 15, 2018. Videos received after that deadline will not be accepted.
- The first round will be judged from video recordings submitted to a private URL website which will be given to applicants upon receipt of application. Through examination of applications and video recordings, preliminary judges will choose up to 15 entrants plus 3 alternates to compete in the final round.
- Details for Videos:
- Candidates will submit one video recording of a minimum of the three required pieces.
- Invited candidates will perform these pieces in live auditions.
- No maximum performance time limit for YouTube video, but the live performance is capped at 18 minutes.
- Music must be memorized.
- Videos should be submitted with a minimum size/quality of 640×480 and 12 bit sound (Standard Definition) and a maximum of 720p (High Definition).
- No special effects.
- Use single stationary camera angle placed 5-8 feet away.
There are two ways to submit videos:
- Internet – Attach video file and upload. This will take some time depending on the size of the file. We have a 2 gigabyte maximum limit on the file size allowed. You will receive an email of confirmation when your video has been successfully submitted.
- DVD – Put video on a DVD and send to:
Steinway Piano Gallery
4285 Sidco Dr
Nashville, TN 37204
- Candidates invited to live audition will be posted at (www.nashvilleinternationalpianocompetition.org) by March 1, 2018.
- Accepted candidates must reply no later than March 15, 2018, regarding participation in live auditions in Nashville, Tennessee. If an accepted candidate fails to respond by March 15, 2018, an alternate will be invited.